Dungeons and Dragons Returns!
Conceived as a return to Dungeons & Dragons after thinking I would never play again, the XANTHIUM SEA campaign was inspired by interest in playing from my room-mates as well as friends I had made in my then-recent initiation to the film industry. It ran for 2 years and evolved from its original setting to another campaign setting: SAGASVALE.
- Episode 1: Ill Times at the Silver Lagoon Saloon
- Episode 2: Warlock’s Quest
- Episode 3: A Tragic Turn
- Episode 4: Up the Xanthium River
- Episode 5: Stately Ruins
- Episode 6: Misadventure Between Adventures
- Episode 7: The Catacombs
- Episode 8: Flesh Market Square
- Episode 9: In the Realm of the Spider-Lord
- Episode 10: Escape from the Sewers
- Episode 11: Big Trouble in Little Gilm, Part One
- Episode 12: Big Trouble in Little Gilm, Part Two
- Episode 13: Raid on Gnolltown
- Episode 14: Night of the Gargoyles
- Episode 15: Naga Caves
- Episode 16: The Well of Many Worlds
- Episode 17: Kung-Fu Fighting
- Episode 18: In Search of the Red Dragon
- Episode 19: Dragonslayers
- Episode 20: Enter the Paladin
- Episode 21: Sagasvale
- Episode 22: Paladin and Ranger
- Episode 23: The Heroes of Mid-Spring
- Episode 24: Slay the Green Dragon
- Episode 25: The Dragon’s Lair
- Episode 26: Night of the Hags
- Episode 27: The Coven of Midvale Forest
- Episode 28: Agents of the Crown
- Episode 29: Exit Shuni
- Episode 30: Sir Typye’s Giant Adventure
Zabrina’s Last Adventure
So named because every one of the islands has at least one resident dragon, the Xanthium Sea is where the waters of the aqualith Mount Xanthos of the Central Mountains meet the World Ocean. This region is the seat of Hyracanum’s oldest civilizations with roots going back several thousand years. The Xanthium River is the only river to run across the Equatorial Desert and so it is a trade and travel route between the northern and southern halves of the world. This makes Verupta, situated at the mouth of the Xanthium River, the crossroads between empires and kingdoms.
The southern end of the Xanthium Sea washes up against the Plains of Chaos, the site of an ancient battle between sorcerers which has left the landscape scarred by wild magic. This hostile territory keeps the western kingdoms of Vabiria, Gallancia, Pendara and Helmar and the Kingdom of Culs divided from the eastern Empire of Shen-Toa across the sea. There is a great deal of shipping in the waters of the Dragon Isles, almost all of it falling under the various authorities of different dragon cults who demand tributes for their scaly masters and more than a few wars have begun because of these mafia-like, quasi-religious organizations.
The Independent City-State of Verupta
Three hundred years ago, a party of adventurers liberated Verupta from the reigning dragon, Karvazilla the Blue. Instead of making themselves kings, the heroes moved on to other adventures, leaving the city-state to sort itself out. Somehow, the city came under an administrative form of government free of hereditary rulership and largely answering to the multitudes of guilds and trade associations whose activities kept Verupta from ever falling into obscurity.